Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Events

well its been 3 weeks since i left my home in the US to go to Russia. but in the last week a lot of stuff has happened that ill try to tell about. the trip to frog mountain was really exciting and fun. i noticed how much my scouting experience in the US helped me scale hills and know how to manage in the wilderness better then most others. it was also really good to have Karcakov Rotary Club with us. that day in Russia was probably my wierdest yet. for in that same day i jumped into a freezing cold lake. and when i got home. i went for my first time in a Russian Banya. soon, ill be able to handle the 100 degrees temperatures.
when i returned to school the next day, the Russian school had an issue with my language. apparently i was suppose to come over already fluent in Russian?? well the school became less of an issue. and i am now seeing myself help teach english class.
i can actually say now that i have seen a chicken cross the road, on my way to school, in my village, a chicken crossed the road right infront of us. i immediately said "why?" "wait.. its a rooster!" "wait, no.. its a chicken"..
i also am trying to get my schedule full to keep myself busy. basketball, library, and classes of Russian tradition and language by my host mom's friend. i did try out for soccer. but the fact that they dont have and shoes in my size is an issue they dont wanna deal with.
everywhere in Russia has flies. i have probably killed more flies then i can imagine, i definately beat my record of 2 in the US for flies killed. besides the school not understanding Youth Exchange and difficulty of the language, i am really enjoying it here. Russians are very curious about Americans. the Russian nation doesnt live in the cold war past like the US. all the time in school. people i dont even know, come up and say hello to me. and contrary to american fears, Russian people would never support a war against the US. the impressions Russia gives off makes it seem like the minute it was said, nobody would want to partake in it.

3 comments:

  1. AARON!!!
    Don't you have any shoes with yourself? .-. hahahha
    And damn... <_< I would NEVER be able to jump into a freezing lake... Well.. "never say never", but I would not anyways... haha

    Ohh... about the chicken stuff... Did you asked her WHY was she crossing the road? If not, HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT OPPORTUNITY! I mean.. IS A CHICKEN! CROSSING THE ROAD! :o

    :p

    Ahhh...
    I miss you MORE than you miss me.
    I also love you MORE than you love me.

    So just have a really awesome time there! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, let's be honest. Do they have soccer shoes in your size in the US? lol

    Peter's Eagle Scout project Camp Eagle went great. You would have enjoyed it. The kids had fun, the weather was perfect.

    You will be fluent in Russian in no time. Isn't that the point of going to these countries as an exchange student? To become fluent in their language?

    Tim the Exchange student from Russia that is here has told us many things in Russia are not what we imagine. Extremely different there from when I was growing up.

    Take care of yourself, have fun!

    Mrs. Rideout

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for another blog entry - PLEASE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete